Personal Financial Planning
We consider Financial Planning to be the cornerstone of our client relationships. The planning process we engage in is not a once in a lifetime event, but an evolutionary process. One that takes into account ongoing changes in your life, your resources, as well as your objectives, priorities and values.
Comprehensive Financial Planning.
Financial Planning is the process identifying financial and life goals and developing and implementing a roadmap and strategy to achieve them on an ongoing basis. This comprehensive and on going service is done under the direction of a Certified Financial Planner™, adhering to the six step financial planning process as articulated by the CFP® Board of Standards.
The Financial Planning process often involves a team of professionals, including Attorneys, Accountants, Asset Managers & Custodians, Insurance Brokers, Bankers & Lenders and Trust Officers. Our role is to serve as the co-ordinator or "financial quarterback" in having these people and institutions working harmoniously to achieve your goals. In situations where you do not have the appropriate professional relationship, we will be happy to make a recommendation.
Modular Financial Planning
Many people want or need Financial Planning in smaller doses. We can provide this to you in areas that are relevant to you.
- Retirement Planning. People are living longer. The future of Social Security is questionable at best. Many corporate pensions are under funded. We can help you ensure that your retirement years are financially secure. The key is planning as far in advance as possible.
- Estate Planning. This is the process of planning the transfer of your estate to the persons or parties that you would like to have received it. Estate taxation rates can exceed 50% in some cases. You should be planning now to keep your hard earned assets out of government hands. Additionally, you want to be making sure that your assets get to your desired beneficiaries.
- Tax Planning. A dollar saved on taxes is the same as an extra dollar earned. Maximize your net worth by minimizing your taxes to the greatest extent permitted by law.
- College Tuition Planning. Many private colleges are already exceeding $50,000 per year! In addition, college inflation has greatly exceeded the CPI for two decades. On top of this, financial aid unreliable at best. Plan now to help your children or grandchildren attend the college of their choice.
- Pension Option Analysis and Planning. Many retirees are offered a smorgasbord of pension choices. Picking the right one can mean the difference between comfort and struggle in retirement. Planning for this well in advance of your retirement is crucial.
- Social Security Planning. A generation ago, when you turned 65 a check showed up in your mailbox. Today you are faced with many choices. When do you take payments? Do you take yours or your spouses? How does a divorce or remarriage effect my benefits? How will this effect my tax bill or Medicare premiums? Proper planning is critical for maximizing your benefits.
- Risk Management Planning. We will help you assess what financial risks you face and devise solutions for mitigating or eliminating that risk, as well as formulating appropriate risk transfer strategies. Unforeseen events can put a damper on even the most well thought out financial plan. It is important to anticipate the possibility of these events and mitigate their potential damage in the most cost effective manor. It is critical to develop and implement an appropriate risk management plan.
- Long Term Care Planning. Care for the elderly, whether in a nursing home, another facility or at home can exceed $100,000 per year. We will help you evaluate your risk and determine the appropriate strategies for dealing with these risks.
Get more information - Financial Planning Brochure